Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Maxisys and Benz clk320 fixed the proble...
Maxisys and Benz clk320 fixed the problem in minutes

3258 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: 2014-04-23 19:57:37

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones
    2014-04-21 19:39:09
     I was working on a Benz clk 320 and the problem were pass seat occupancy sensor fault srs lamp on. And the wipers would not work and about 30 other dtc codes did a test on the seat sensor and took the seat apart replaced the sensor. The problem was solved. Was able to run a function test on the wiper switch turn signals, high beam, low beam. All work but nothing from the washers or the wipers in . Was able to make the wipers and washers work with the maxisys and determine that it was the switch. Replaced the signal wiper switch and it worked. This tool saved me a lot of time and ag. Then I was able to clear all codes and finish the job in a timely manner. Thanks autel.

•   Level 2   
    (46) points
    rkeehr20

2014-04-22 07:00:06 (Reply to:Gbones)

Hey thanks for posting useful info on what you can do with the tool so far, I have been reading through the reviews to get an idea of whether or not i want to get this scanner.  I currently have the DS708 at the shop but want to get my own scanner.  I have been trying to decide on the Maxisys or Snapon Solus Ultra...  I know the Maxisys is not realy "complete" yet but what are you views on comparing it to Snapon scanners?

•   Level 5   
    (223) points
    JB

2014-04-22 09:26:25 (Reply to:rkeehr20)

I have the 908, not the pro. Although mine is at autel for a internal hardware failure I still like the maxisys better than the ultra. We have that as a shop scanner and the maxisys is mine. So far they are about the same as far as coverage, give or take. But try and test evap componets under the car while using the ultra tethered with the cable, hard to do by yourself. Thats where the wireless of the maxisys shines and being able to monitor a car while working on another. The display is much better when you are on a test drive, it is so much easier to read pids with the maxisys. Dont forget you have to buy euro at extra cost with the ultra also and cant update whenever you want to. Im not trying to dis snap on, good scanners but for the money you spend the maxisys is way better and is getting better everyday. Thats my honest opinion. 

•   Level 4   
    (103) points
    Gbones
    2014-04-23 19:57:37 (Reply to:rkeehr20)
     The one and only thing I can say is no matter what scanner you buy they will not do everything. With that said price is another factor. For the money I feel that the 908 is the best for the money and to tell you the truth I have a 908 and an INNOVA I use the INNOVA for quick engine lights and quick air bag stuff but that is all. But when it comes to a real problem the 908 gets the job done. I know the 908 has minor down falls but most of the time its coverage is great. A guy at my shop has a snap on scanner and it is nice too but I have yet to ask him to clear a code for me but he has asked me a hand full of time to clear codes for him. Not saying the 908 is better but there are things that each scanner will do or won't do. For me I'm a body mechanic and the 908 works great for me I am very happy with it. Def worth the money cause my buddy paid twice as much for his snap on. The other thing tha is great is the up dates are available at any time with a push of a button. But my buddy has to wait to up date quarterly through the snap on guy via pay him a lot too. I guess it depends on what kind of work you do. I deal with a lot of tpms, air bags, wiring problems, headlamp resets, windows, switches, gauges, sending units, trunk latches, door and hood latches, temp sensors, mas airflow sensors, exhaust sensors, trans sensor, abs problems, wipers controle units, obd2, and steering angle learns. The 908 is capable of all of these things. I also bought an autel ts401 tpms tool I just got and can't wait to check it out.  The print function is fast and easy once you get it set up.the print outs are very nice and professional  You can get a free invoice template off internet too for PDF makes getting paid much easy.
  Total1 Pages